Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picking up the needles....

So I finally picked up my knitting needles last night for the first time since Faith was born...it felt so nice to have them in my hands again :) It's only been 2 and a half weeks, but it feels like forever!
Anyway, it didn't take long for me to start on my new project, a hanging stork sack. I had to buy super large needles for it

Size 35... my first time using any needles over a size 10...it took some getting used to, but the project knitted up really fast, and before the night was out I had finished up!

It turned out alittle small, and I'm thinking that double stranding it might have made it a little bit too thick...so I'm going to make it in a larger size, maybe single strand and see how I like it.

Even though I don't absolutely love how the stork sack turned out, I'm still enjoying the knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment