Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Addicted

I love the feel of new yarn...


Today all of my knit picks wool yarn came in!! I love it. The feel of it is great.
I got 7 skeins of worsted weight and 5 skeins of sport weight. I love the feel of the sport weight the most(that's the telemark yarn) You always expect 100% wool to be scratchy, but this has a nice feel, which I'm happy about because I'm mostly going to be using this wool to make diaper covers for Faith.
Originally I was going to use merino wool, because it is super soft, but I was told that it looses shape easily and doesn't hold up nearly as well as peruvian wool does, and in the end, I'm very glad with what I purchased!
Only downfall is that one of the yarns is a little darker than pictures and another one was alittle more red. Which I knew going into buying all of this without any color cards that the pictures wouldn't be 100% acurate, so 2 out of 12 wrong...not too bad.. it just means that I have 3 red rather than 2... lol.. I'll live :)

Anyways, tonight I'm going to finish up my knit bag that I'm making from bernat cottontots yarn, and then I can start on my first wool project! I can't wait to try out my new yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment